Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November 7, 2017

Hola Familia!

So, Transfers! I am staying, thank goodness!!! I am SO GRATEFUL to be staying!!!! I know this is where God needs me, I know I am here to help our investigator Emily make her baptismal date and be truly converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know she is at least one of the people I am supposed to find and teach on my mission, even in my life, and the funny thing is, is that SHE found US!!! God's timing is truly perfect!!! We are so excited for her baptism this Saturday!!!!! She has been facing some opposition from her family and some friends in getting baptized this weekend, so any additional prayer on her behalf would be greatly appreciated! There is so much power in prayer, I just love it! I love when the scriptures talk about "Mighty Prayer," too, ha. 
   So something new I am trying in my personal study of the Book of Mormon, is writing down on a separate sheet of paper the details of the chapter, like the characters, a short summary, the key events and words, and the Doctrine, Principles, and Applications taught. I am still organizing how I want it to look, but I tried it out yesterday, and I love it!!! I am focusing so much more, and am seeing the little details that though I may not miss them when I initially read the chapter, they are easily forgotten. It is so cool!
   A miracle that we saw this week is that even though our Investigator's schedule has been super crazy, we have still been able to teach her, and each time it is amazing. Our lesson with her on Friday was so powerful, we testified of the Savior's Atonement and I promised one of the most powerful promises I have ever promised, the Spirit was so strong. Then we had dinner at a members house who was baptized a year and a half ago and another family who is amazing and we talked about the Gospel the whole time, she loved it! She wants to learn everything, haha. She met with the bishop on Sunday and they really hit it off, too, she is so ready for her baptism!!! I am so grateful to be a part of her conversion, to be that tool in God's hands to help Emily feel His love for her!!!

   I honestly can't remember too much more about this past week, haha, but we did go to the Keys again on Saturday!!!! It was awesome! We got eaten alive, though, its been pretty rough, haha. But totally worth it! We also got a bunch of coconuts, which is always great! I love fresh cocnut water, its kinda tangy ha. We also saw some dear and even a buck on Dear Key!
   I love you all so much, have a great week!!!

Love,
Hermana Stokes​

No comments:

Post a Comment