Tuesday, December 19, 2017

December 19, 2017 Transfers

Hola Familia!

   So this week is Transfers! So, I am going to Pines! It is in the Fort Lauderdale Zone. Back to English! Good thing I finally have my English tag :). I am a little nervous, haha, because I know there are many gated communities and I have never been kicked out of a neighborhood before, but it will be a fun new adventure, and Sister Bohlen is amazing! We were in the Hurricane together. She was trained by Sister Napier, who I have been living with this Transfer (she is going to be an STL!) and was in the MTC with her. I know that this transfer is inspired from the Lord, and that I have things to learn there, and people to help.
   I will find out once I get to my new area when we will be calling home, and have permission to send a quick email home to let you all know! I am so excited to hear from you all!
   This past week has been really good, we had an amazing lesson with our investigators Lais and Yaima on Saturday, and Yaima's Husband Jose joined us in the lesson. He started to read in the Book of Mormon and is very interested in it!  They asked us to share our testimonies, haha, and it was so wonderful! The Spirit was so strong, as both Sister Chugg and I bore our testimonies(in Spanish!) of the Restored Gospel and shared personal experiences where we each received our own witness from the Spirit of the truthfulness of the Gospel! I shared how when Grandpa Stokes was really sick and we thought he was about to pass away, how I really needed the confirmation from the Spirit that the Plan of Salvation was truly real.  After about two weeks of worrying, sorrow, and a lot of prayer, God answered my prayer in the sweetest way, I truly felt His love for me and that I will one day be able to see my Grandpa again, and though it was still hard knowing the pain his passing would and was causing my loved ones, I can never deny that I know Families can be Forever, and sharing my testimony with our investigators has made it that much stronger! Sadly, Lais ate something that night that made her really sick and they weren't able to come to church the next day, but we (Sister Chugg and her new companion sister Cardoso)are meeting with them this Wednesday and they are so excited! 
   Something that stood out to me in my personal study were verses 49 and 50 in Alma 43. This is where Captain Moroni and his armies are fighting with the Lamanite army around the river Sidon, and verse 49-50 state:
 49 And it came to pass that they turned upon the Lamanites, and they cried with one voice unto the Lord their God, for their liberty and their freedom from bondage.
50 And they began to stand against the Lamanites with power; and in that selfsame hour that they cried unto the Lord for their freedom, the Lamanites began to flee before them; and they fled even to the waters of Sidon.
   When I read this, I felt the Spirit testify to me of the truthfulness of this account, and how powerful prayer coupled with faith and a good cause truly is. This is so applicable to missionary work! We are like Moroni's army, fighting for the Lord, and we are inspired by a Better Cause, which gives us strength and power to overcome the adversary and accomplish the Lord's will. Ah, I just love the Book of Mormon!
   Thank you, everyone for all of your love and support! I love receiving Christmas Cards, letters, and emails from everyone, it is so much fun and amazing to see how everyone is doing and feel your love. I love you all, so very much! Have an amazing Christmas, and always remember the Light that Jesus Christ has brought to the world, and do everything you can to share that light! It WILL make you happier and make your life so much better! It has in mine, and I will forever be grateful for that! 

Love,
Hermana Stokes

Pictures:
Saying Goodbye to Sister Cowart (She is amazing!)
Christmas Presents before Transfers! Thanks Mom! Haha. And everyone else, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment