Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February 21, 2017

Hola Familia!
This has been a fun week! We had interviews last week, and it was so good! President says my Spanish is really improving! I have one week left to make my goal of fully understanding fluent conversations and being able to communicate clearly (which I can do at a very basic level, so I am counting it!) I just need a bigger vocabulary, and know just about five other conjugation tenses, but good things come to those who [are anxiously engaged!] 
We had an FHE Monday night at our Bishop's house with our investigator Pedro, and it went so well! It was on the Plan of Salvation, which we had taught a part of the night before in a Sunday post round-up lesson(where he also accepted a date for the 18th!). He told us that after we left, he thought a lot about it, and finished watching the biography of President Thomas S. Monson (which he just started watching on his own once we started teaching him). He said he felt so much peace and was really inspired to serve after learning about President Monson and his life-long service. He also said it was one of the best nights of sleep he has ever had! (Blessings of the Spirit!) The next morning, his mom and sister left, and when he went into the kitchen, everything was super dirty. At first, he didn't want to clean. But then he remembered the blessings that are promised to those who serve, and so he cleaned up the whole kitchen and cleaned up after their two dogs! He said he felt a feeling that he had never before felt! I know that was the Holy Ghost reaffirming to his heart that he was doing something really good! I just love seeing him grow and change for the better. 
Marcial, who used to be a less active( but didn't know anything about the church, so we are teaching him everything practically for the first time like an investigator), is doing so good! We will meet with him again tonight, but he is so excited to live the law of tithing and everything else we have taught him. He has truly changed so much since we met him, and the light in his eyes and countenance is unmistakable evidence of that change! It just makes me so happy to be helping the people here, and even if the people we meet only accept a prayer, we are still bringing the Spirit more into their life and being of service, blessing Heavenly Father's children here on the Earth. 
I love my mission, and am so grateful to be serving. I know this Gospel is true. There is no truer happiness that comes than through living this Gospel and sharing it with others. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, and that through Repentance, we can truly be clean and freed from the guilt and shame of sin and regret. Turn to Him! He is there!
I love you all, so very much! Have a great week!
Les Quiero Mucho,
Hermana Stokes <3​

No comments:

Post a Comment