Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter 2017

Hola Familia!

Hey everyone! Happy Easter! I hope you all had as awesome and Easter as I did! It was so good! I love my new area, it is so huge and everything is really spread out! It definitely has a small town feel, which I love, haha. Sister Thurman is my new companion, and she is so awesome! She is from Oregon, and we get along so well! I am finishing her training as her mom became a Sister Training Leader down in Ft. Lauderdale (where I just was, ha) 
On Easter we were invited by an english family to join them and their family friends(including our ward's bishop and a bunch of nonmembers!) for Easter dinner. It was so good! They are Hawaiian and they cooked amazing food! I should have taken a picture of it, ha. Oh well! They are so awesome, and we shared the Easter video with them, which they all loved! I definitely recommend watching it if you haven't, it is sooo good! Plus we got to watch it in English for once, so I got more out of it, ha. 
So we have been teaching two investigators Santos and Alfredo, and they had a date for the 29th, but they couldn't get a ride to church and live an hour away from the chapel... We also found out they aren't married, but have a family together and have been together for 19 years. We will work on that! 
Yesterday while out knocking we saw so many miracles! We saw this yellow house on the other side of the street, and we both said let's knock it! So on our way back we made sure to knock it and lo and behold, we find the Torres family, a family of four, and the Dad is so ready for the Gospel! He had been praying that friday for help, and an hour and a half before we knocked on his door, he had again been pleading with the Lord for direction in his life, and then we knocked on his door! He recognized us immediately as an answer to his prayer, and we testified that we knew that God had led us to him and his family. We go back to teach them tonight! We also met Waldan and his 7 cuban relatives (cousins, brothers, uncles, etc.) He was super cool, and we are going to start teaching him this week, as well.
I am so excited to see our area progress and to work up here. I am also grateful that it is still Spanish! Definitely not ready to go English yet, ha. 
So funny story from yesterday: when we were about to start knocking, we had to cross the street. Sister Thurman started walking but a big truck was coming, so she hurriedly got out of the street. When he passed, he was shaking his finger at us like you do with a little kid when you say "that was a No No" ha. We thought it was the funniest thing! Haha, we died laughing! Little things like that are just so funny.

Well, Im about out of time, but I love you all so very much! This Gospel is so true, and it blesses lives everyday, I promise you that it will bless you too! Have a great week everyone! 

Les Quiero,
Hermana Stokes❤

No comments:

Post a Comment