Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 15, 2017

Hola Familia!

So much happened this last week, its crazy! We had Zone Conference last wednesday, and it was AMAZING!!! I love Pres. and Sister Garns, and guess what.....

WE GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE AS A ZONE TWICE A YEAR!!!!!!  I am so excited! We did family history for an hour yesterday (an hour a month) and I finally found some names to take!!!! I an so pumped! There is nothing quite like the Spirit of Elijah, I highly recommend it!!

So funny story, we came home last week to find a little gecko on the wall above the door to the bathroom, so we had fun trying to shoo him out the front door, ha. He jumped on the ground and started running more inside, and we screamed, but Sister Colton to the rescue with our handy dandy little blue clipboard! We named him Titan. Titan the Gecko :)

Also, we had Transfers!!!! Sister Colton is TRAINING!!!! She will be staying in Cape Coral, and I will be going.... Back to MIAMI!!!! I am going to the area of Country Walk and will be with Sister Harris! She is on her 5th transfer, I believe! It is Bi-Lingual, but I am so excited to be immersed back in Spanish! And we get to keep all the people we meet! Unless they are YSA, ha, which one day I will serve in :) I've heard its fun, haha.

Something so amazing happened when we told our Rescue Brother Owen Hogel. Do you guys remember him? Huge Miracle, but he sent us a text (mainly to me) explaining how my testimony during his first sacrament meeting really touched him and helped him to stay after he wanted to leave. I didn't even remember it!!! So cool! I'll send a picture of the text, its so cool! God really does place us exactly where we need to be, and we speak HIS words when we have His spirit with us! Being a missionary is so miraculous!!!!!

Something that stood out to me during personal study was in the latter chapters of 2 Nephi, where Nephi talks about how some people will view the Gospel "as a thing of naught," some won't beleive there is a Hell, or believe in anything, and then the really scary one is how the devil pacifies the children of men, that they will believe that no matter what they do or what is happening in the world, that they are and will be fine. Nephi describes it as "and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell." What stands out to me is that he leads them "carefully." We see this abundantly today, that so many people have no idea that the life they are living is already so far away from God and His commandments, and how truly important it is for them to live obedient and faith-filled lives. This is Salvation! That is was is so amazing about us as missionaries, we are the ones that God has sent to rescue His people from a fate they have not even comprehended. We are here to Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts!!!

I love you all so much, and this will be my last though, haha. So a while back I was given the commitment from my STL to write down my definition of Peace and share it with someone that day. This is what I wrote down, " What does Peace mean to me? Peace is calm, like the eye in a storm. Even with the waves tossing , rain pouring, and lightning cracking around you, you can always find peace and safety as you center your life on Christ---The Eye in Every Storm."

I love you all, so very much!!!
Love,
Hermana Stokes

At our double Zone Activity, we did minute to win it games, and there was a pudding eating contest where your comp fed you pudding... lets just say we failed, haha. Entirely.​

No comments:

Post a Comment