Sunday, March 18, 2018

Last Transfer before returning Home. Transfer #12 :)

Hola Familia!

   We had Transfers this week, and it was so hilarious because we made a tent out of our flat sheets to hang out under last night during the transfer call, and I am finishing my mission in Pines!!! I knew I was staying, and Sister Wingert is also staying! We are going to have lots of fun these next 6 weeks. I can't believe this is my last transfer! It's like when the time finally came for me to take out my mission papers, so surreal because it was always something so far into the future as to never happen, and yet here it is! Time is a funny thing, haha. 

   We found 3 new friends this week!!! It was a huge blessing, because we hadn't found anyone this entire transfer. They are a potential family that Sister Bohlen and I knocked into and had gone and visited the two kids (21 and 16) once before, but they didn't become new investigators then. Joey, who is 21, is so elect! We messaged his Mom, who loves it when we come by but whose schedule is crazy because she is in real estate, and she told us when we could come by to again visit with Joey and Maddie, so we did! It was so funny because Joey got so excited, and even though he had to take his friend James to work right then, we were able to share "Because of Him" with them and get a return appointment that very next day! We brought a young woman from the ward, Juliana, to the appointment, and we shared a Mormon Message about the Hope we can feel through Jesus Christ and living His Gospel. That opened up a wonderful conversation about the Atonement, Repentance, and Hope and Trust in God. It was amazing!!! We told Joey about YSA and he is interested in going, but couldn't this past Sunday because he had to take his sister to a soccer game, but he told us his goal for this year was to be baptized!!! He will do great in YSA, and I m grateful for the Lord's hand in guiding us to their family my first transfer in the area.
  
   I studied Lehi's Vision of the Tree of Life the other day for a family home evening(that sadly didn't end up happening, but next time!), and I thought it was really interesting the more I thought about it. I feel like there are different times where we are able to reach out to more people who aren't holding fast to the Iron Rod in our life, or even found it yet. In the mission, we talk to so many different people each and every day. We OYM as many people as we see on the street. In my mind's eye, I can see this little stretch(my mission) along the strait and narrow path as a part of my life where it has taught me to reach out to everyone I see along the wayside and tell them of the safety found in grasping the Iron Rod that leads to the Tree of Life. It was fun for that to play out almost like a movie in my head as I read Lehi's account coupled with Nephi's interpretation of his father's dream.
   Sister Thurman, who is living in the same house with us(I served with her my 4th transfer!) will be training these next two transfers, so it will be fun to have a brand new missionary in the house with us! We are excited! Sister Mercado is straying in the Zone, just moving on over to Hollywood Hills South, which Sister Osborne and I pink washed into that ward my 3rd transfer. So fun! 

    We are all very excited to be hearing from Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Lynn G. Robbins from the Presidency of the Seventy this next Saturday, so stay tunes, it'll be life changing! Haha. 
 I love you all so much, have an amazing week!!!

Love,
Hermana Stokes​

No comments:

Post a Comment