Monday, March 26, 2018

One Month Left... GO HARD!!!!!! March 26, 2018

Hola Familia!!!

   This week was amazing!!! As a mission, we found 412 New Investigators this week!!!! Our goal is 400 weekly, but we haven't hit that since President Richardson's last week when we hit 420ish!!! It was awesome! And we are going to keep it up because "This is Who We Are!!!!"
   We found 4 new investigators last week and brought out 3 members to lessons with us and had 4 MPLs!!!! That is huge for our area, we are so happy!!!!! No one came to church, but Ana, one of our investigators who is a mom of 3 and has seen miracles in her life, siad she will come next sunday, so we are excited!  Something that was crazy that we found out about two of our investigators we knocked into, Jennifer and Michael, happened in ward correlation with our Ward Mission Leader after church. When he was looking at the new move in list, he found out that our investigators' daughter is an active member of the Church who just moved back in with them! We haven't met her, but her parents did tell us that she had a Book of Mormon, so we are really excited to meet her and start teaching her parents with her testimony to bring the Spirit! Haha, so crazy! 
   We had Zone Conference this past week, and we talked about having more faith and how to do that. Faith filled hopes, words, and actions all combined in one! It was awesome! I gave my departing testimony, which was so surreal, and they made me go first! I was so nervous, and even though I thought of things I wanted to say to pump everybody up, I forgot most of it right then and there, haha. It was good, though. I sang "Nearer My God to Thee" with Sister Thurman on the piano, and it was beautiful! It is one of my favorite hymns, and we are so glad it turned out so great, because I was nervous and when we practiced beforehand I sounded really breathy, but in the moment it was strong and smooth!!! God is SO GOOD!!! I meant to record it but then felt sefl conscious so I didn't, haha. Oh, well. 
   Church was super good, we had the Temple President and his wife speak about temples and family history. Something that President Fisher said I really like," Geneology will change your charts, Family History will change your hearts."
It is so true! Coming to know our ancestors is so important, and it builds resilience in youth and in all of us to stay strong against the temptations and evils in this declining world!
   Something that I really liked from Sunday School was a comment shared by Brother Okazaki(Tyson's friend from high school, small world!). We were talking about Joseph of Egypt, and he brought up that all of the experiences Jospeph had growing up with his brothers, and even before that with the jealosy of Jacob's wives, etc, was all a part of Joseph's brother's hatred of him, but because of that, and being a servant, and being in prison, Jospeph became a powerful ruler in Egypt and saved his entire family from famine. Sometimes(or all of the time
!) we face trials that seem insurmountable, just one thing after another( I just helped two seconds ago an elderly woman pick up her library card that fell way underneath the desk with the computer on it--we can do things daily to help those around us!!!) and those very dark trials mold and shape us and help us grow in ways we wouldn't have without them, until one day you look back on your life and see how all of the dots connect, everything that happened had a purpose, and God was in the VERY DETAILS OF YOUR LIFE!!! I know God is Real, that He loves us, and He has given us everything we need in this life to return back into His Presence and live with Him and our families for Eternity! I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and the Jesus is the Christ, the very Son of God.
   I love you all, and hope that you see miracles this week!!!

Love Always,
Hermana Stokes

No comments:

Post a Comment