Monday, April 9, 2018

Grape Leaves, Landfill's, and More!

Hola Familia!

   This has been a really fun week! The past two Saturdays we have helped investigators from other areas move, and it has been so fun! Haha, I might just come home super toned! Haha, just kidding. It is really hilarious because our district leader is really scrawny, and we joke about how the Saturday of conference he got squished by a mattress, haha, we were all dying, poor guy! We had to take the moving truck we packed for out District Leader's part member family to the dump because they had to get rid of all their stuff (they had two homes but couldn't do it anymore, and so there wasn't time to sell a lot of their furniture. It was kind of sad because some pieces were newer and pretty nice). It was interesting because the County Officials highly recommended that we didn't drive our cars up to the landfill, only the moving truck, so we decided the elders should go up in the truck since they are more of the "muscle" haha. It was hilarious, either way. 
   We also were able to go back to Flamingo Gardens this week for service, Sister Richards hadn't been yet! She loved it :) We were supposed to be moving tables for the wedding they had on Saturday, but ended up just picking up trash. It was fun to show Sister Richards the Gardens, though, they are so beautiful! 
    While knocking on Saturday, we met a couple. The woman is from Colombia and the man is from Jerusalem! His mom taught her how to cook a few Arabic Cuisines and she had made "Grape Leaves" for dinner that day, and invited us in to try it! I t was really good! A different spice/flavor than I am used to, but it sure was tasty!  The cooked leaves were wrapped around seasoned white rice, and she had something about ground beef but it didn't look like there was meat in it, who knows, with a stewed tomato on top, Mmm Mmm MMM it was good!
   We stopped by to visit our Investigator Ana we found a few weeks ago, and were able to share with her the full Restoration. She felt so much peace as we shared Joseph Smith's experience in the Sacred Grove, it was awesome! I love how the Spirit comes and brings that peace into the hearts of our investigators, we could not do it without Him! 
     I cannot express the gratitude I have felt this transfer for the wonderful experiences God has blessed me with in my mission. It is so amazing! HE is amazing! I love how I am finally reflecting fully upon all that I have been able to accomplish, how I have changed, and how God has used me as an instrument in His Hands, even in some small way. It is so humbling, it almost brings me to tears, every time! Haha, I love it! Thinking back over the past month, I feel so blessed that we have been able to find at least one investigator each week, which has been my goal this past transfer to find every week. God is so good! Last night, as we were knocking and no one was too interested, I was about to give up on that goal because we hadn't found any new friends that week, and figuratively "throw in the towel," when we knocked on Bill's door, who readily accepted a prayer. His granddaughter is in a bad way right now, so we prayed for her and Bill's family, and he was so touched by the prayer and how we testified the Gospel of Jesus Christ would immensely bless and strengthen his family, that we are going back this Saturday to teach him and his family more! Such a tender mercy that I really appreciate, and it is so simple! 
   I recently finished the Book of Mormon, and there is no doubt in my mind that it is true! I know it came forth by the Hand of God! I am now trying to figure out ways to study it differently than chronologically, so I am working on that. By topic using Preach My Gospel and other resources is what I am leaning towards, have any good suggestions? :)
   I love you all so much, and hope that you all have a wonderful week!!! Do great things!!!
Love,
Hermana Stokes
Pictures:
Service and when the Elders locked themselves out of the Chapel ;)​

No comments:

Post a Comment