Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Country Walk September 26th 2017

How is everyone doing? I love you all so much! We had so many miracles yesterday, we taught three really solid lessons and are so excited! One from service where we had shared a prayer with a man right before the hurricane, and then he held the card we gave him during the whole thing, and the Mormon Helping Hands helped him afterwards and he recognized the church name on the shirt because of the card and was so amazed! It was so amazing to be a part of it!!!
     I have loved doing service, these people really need it! We found out today that we will be doing it again this weekend, so we as a mission won't be able to watch General Conference, but it's okay, we can get the recordings of it and listen to it while we drive! :) We were so fortunate to be able to watch most of the Women's session, because the rest of the mission besides our zone was camping out down in the keys, but because we lived closer we could go home.
Transfers this week, and I am TRAINING!!! I am really excited, a little nervous, but we are seeing so much success in this area right now, even though I've only been to our normal ward's sunday service 3 times! Haha, Irma. 
    Sister Harris will be going up to Fort Lauderdale, but the other two sisters in the house will be staying. I love being in a 4-man, it is so much fun! So there is a key called Key Deer, where they have these little midget deer(don't ask me how they got there, no clue!) but I saw three little deer on Sunday! They were so cute, haha. 
   I don't have much time left, we have had a crazy day, but know that I love all of you so much! This Gospel means everything to me, and I know that no matter what hard times we go through, God is always, ALWAYS there for us, as His beloved children. I know from personal experience that no matter how hard life gets, or how dark it seems, that the Savior has the power to lift us out of it and as we prove faithful, ours will be eternal glory and happiness. Don't give up. Don't give in. "Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and always." Just be happy! Why would you want to be anything else?
   Have an amazing week everyone, and keep on enduring to the end! Several themes that stood out to me from the Women's conference were to know who you are as a child of God, and to Be Glad! I Love you!!!
Love,
Hermana Stokes

No comments:

Post a Comment