Wednesday, February 7, 2018

15 Months, Only 2 Transfers Left!!! January 29, 2018

Hola Familia!

   This Week has been a great week! Saturday we had a lesson with a potential family that had walked in to church a while back and we brought a member, and it was really good! We taught the Plan of Salvation and they seemed pretty interested. They want to be a part of a good church community to raise their baby daughter in, and hopefully as they come to church again and we continue to teach them, the Spirit will work in them and they will accept the Fullness of the Gospel!
One of our Brazilian members also brought her friend to church, and she loved it! She is going to come to our relief society activity on Wednesday and is making Brazilian Coconut Cake, haha. We are excited to begin meeting with her, too!
   On to what everyone is waiting for... Transfers! I am Staying in Pines! I am really excited to stay, the ward is amazing and although this area has unique challenges that my other areas have not, I am excited for the momentum the area has had this transfer and hope to continue to help it progress! It was so funny, our bishop wanted to come out with us before the month was over, so on Sunday we had a lesson with Farrah, who we had knocked into the day before and sisters had taught her before. She didn't have time right then, but invited us back Sunday evening. She is Muslim but married to a Christian and is very open to learning more about other faiths. We taught the Book of Mormon after getting to know her better, and I think it was really good for our bishop to see that we are working hard. It was really cool because he is an orthopedic surgeon and she is working on becoming a nurse, so they had common ground! I am really hopeful that this next transfer we can have a stronger relationship, that is something I have wanted this whole time and I think it is starting to work!
I am excited for what this next transfer will bring, I know that as we work hard and put our trust in God, He will lead us and help us share the messages His children need to hear, and we will see success! I've never met my new companion, (I also forgot her name, sorry!) but I am sure I will love her! 
   We helped set up a wedding at Flamingo Gardens, and it was beautiful! When we placed the black tablecloths on the tables with the centerpieces, WOW. Wedding Magic is real, haha. 
  I am excited for todays P-Day activity, we are going over to President's house for the afternoon!!! It will be amazing!!! I love being a missionary, it is the most rewarding and light-filled work ever imaginable, and I feel closer and closer to my Father in Heaven and my Savior every day! I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and as we hearken to our prophet's council to read and study it everyday, we will be watched over and protected from all the fiery darts of the adversary, and find peace, love, and happiness in the journey we are all on back to our Heavenly Home! I love you all so much, have an amazing week!!!
Love, 
Hermana Stokes

No comments:

Post a Comment