Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Technology is COMING!!! February 5, 2018

Hola Familia!

Hey everyone!!! I love you all and hope you had a great week! My new companion is Sister Wingert, she has been out 10 months and is from Payette, Idaho! She is an English missionary, so I haven't served around her before, but we are going to have so much fun this transfer, I am excited! Pines is going to be great! :)

So, we are finally getting technology in the mission! I am excited, but a little nervous. I know it is a great resource and tool for missionary work, and I am excited to see how the work progresses with it! We have to read all of the training information on Safeguards for Technology, and I was reading the white handbook section not in my physical copy of the white handbook but online) on mobile devices, and I love the last paragraph when it says:
"Be accountable to the Lord and to your mission leaders
for both what you do with technology and how you do
it. The attitude you have toward the use of digital tools
in fulfilling your ministry is “a reflection of your love
toward your Heavenly Father and His Son and your
respect for the priesthood” (Preach My Gospel, 151)."
I love that last sentence, and I know that Heavenly Father knows what He is doing, and that being able to use the advance technology of our day and age with help further His work in our mission and across the world! We will be finding out more about it next week at Zone Conference, so I am looking forward to that! 
We had a Zone Lunch on Saturday, which was really fun and helped us get to know each other better, a lot of missionaries transferred and white washed out, so it was great! We brought our own food, and we bought Chick-Fil-A which is always tasty! So funny, so Sister Wingert is allergic to coconut and chocolate, and both are fairly recent allergies, and so she forgot and ordered herself a chocolate shake! She soon realized she couldn't drink most of it, so she gave it to an elder, haha, he was happy. 
I love you all so much, have an amazing week!!!!

Love, Hermana Stokes

No comments:

Post a Comment