Tuesday, February 6, 2018

A Tale of Two Missionaries!!!!! January 22, 2018

A true story:

***Missionary Theatre Presents: The Power of the Book of Mormon: A Tale of Two Missionaries***

NARRATOR: It all began with knocking doors. Door after door. Rejection after rejection.
*Begin Soft, yet triumphant background music
NARRATOR (cont.): Depressed as they were, they took on the wrath of Belle Glade with Faith that someone would listen to their message.

ACTION: Elder Lorimer and Elder Jensen Walk down middle of street talking about something unimportant when Elder Lorimer notices something peculiar

ELDER LORIMER: Wow! Look at those dogs!

ELDER JENSEN: Those are big dogs.

ACTION: Camera pans to two large dogs, that are really scary looking. Dogs notice the Elders, begin charging with fangs bared. The Elders are scared out of their witts, Elder Jensen starts running away, Elder Lorimer Stands there trying to remember the words of his trainer: Don't show dogs fear.

ELDER LORIMER (in head to himself): I'm going to die.

ELDER JENSEN (in head to himself): I wonder if that Mailbox is strong enough to hold me if I get on top of it.

ACTION: Dogs charge Elder Lorimer, Elder Lorimer reacts by swinging his Bible, Book of Mormon, and Restoration Pamphlets at the dogs as they get within biting distance. The Book of Mormon slips out of his hands and flies through the air hitting one of the dogs in the head. Dogs stop barking, stop growling, and casually walk back towards their yard as if angels are guiding them back.

ELDER LORIMER (still scared out of his witts): Wow. (Goes and picks up the now tattered Book of Mormon.

ELDER JENSEN: You Almost Died.

NARRATOR: And that is our tale today. These two valiant missionaries turned around and began knocking the next street over where they found multiple people who willingly listened to their message.

That's how the Book of Mormon saved my life. I have no idea why the dogs just stopped, turned around and went back. I should be in the hospital right now, recovering from a dog mauling. I'm not though, and my testimony has been strengthened on the Power of the Book of Mormon and how God protects his missionaries. I don't know if I will ever listen to the words of my trainer ever again, but I do know that the power of the Book of Mormon is real and that angels protect missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment